Friday, July 18, 2008

Siblings getting along

Today was proof that siblings can spend a day together with each other and not bicker once! We spent our morning picking strawberries at the strawberry patch. Oh, what a wonderful smell! Not to mention all the pink fingers, shirts, shoes, etc. The kids worked together to fill their baskets. There was no competition, but instead I witnessed a great deal of teamwork. My daughter would pick the berries and dump them into the boys little baskets. The boys in turn would wait until each had a full basket before running to the large bucket to empty their sweet treats. No pushing, whining, or complaining. Best of all, the kids came up with the idea for their assembly line on their own.
After cleaning ourselves up, we headed to the nearby lake for a chance to cool off. Once again, I witnessed sibling cooperation. The oldest tried to teach her little brothers how to swim. She was encouraging and patient. The boys just followed her lead in everything. It was a good reminder for her that she is an example to her brothers. So glad that she was a good example. Just wished I had remembered my camera to capture the moment.
As a wonderful ending to our delightful day, we had fresh strawberry pancakes for dinner. Thanks, hubby, for making them.

These are the type of days that remind me why I put so much energy into parenting.

No comments: